In honor of the show starting back up last weekend, today’s video is a tutorial for The Walking Dead’s Intro Theme.
Whether you watch the show or not, it’s well worth your time to learn this theme for 2 reasons:
- You probably have friends/family who watch the show and would be super impressed to hear you bust this out
- It is a fantastic slur (aka hammer-on/pull-off) exercise. Ditch those boring slur drills and play this instead!
In the video, I teach you step-by-step how to play the theme.
Then I go into detail on how you can clean up your own hammer-on and pull-off technique.
Techniques addressed: Slurs (hammer-on’s and pull-off’s), Arpeggios
As a small way of saying “Thank You” to the amazing guitarists who have joined my community, I’m including an Exclusive Bonus in this video available for everybody on my newsletter:
Follow these steps for a chance to win a free 30-minute Skype Lesson with me.
1) Make sure you have already signed up for my newsletter (click here if you haven’t)
2) Learn The Walking Dead’s Intro Theme I taught in the video above
3) Film yourself playing the theme, and email me the video.
4) You have one week! Submission deadline is Wednesday, February 24th.
One submission of my choice will win a free 30-minute Skype lesson with me, in which we can discuss any issues you like.
Will you be taking advantage of this challenge and submitting a video? Let me know in the comments below.